Insurance Considerations When Buying a Holiday Home Abroad

Source : http://mixkore.com

When buying properties in Europe most of the time people are offered home insurance policies provided by local insurers.

At that time it is too easy to accept, but the cover offered may not be suitable for you and the policy is generally in the language of the country where you are buying. This is of course can cause problems when it comes to making a claim ” especially if you dont know the language.

When looking to purchase a second home abroad it is very important that you buy specialist home insurance that covers all of the things that can go wrong with having a house miles away from where you generally live.

If you are not covered then you can easily get into serious trouble. What is covered by a Specialist Home Insurance policy? A specialist home insurance policy covers everything you would expect in a normal home insurance policy, plus the following:

  • Financial cover for personal possessions, in or outside the property
  • Specialist cover for your fine art and antiques
  • Specialist cover for additional homes, buy to let properties and holiday homes abroad
  • Specialist cover for non-standard properties (E.g. thatched roofs, flat roofs or houses with 7 bedrooms)
  • Accidental damage to both buildings and contents
  • 24 hour home emergency service
Read »
Created by tummat 32 weeks 3 days ago
Category: Business   Tags:


Networked Blogs

Scoops, bookmarking
Join my network